Artbook can order English books according to our customers' needs
China's DiplomacySKU: 9789814319737 Supplier: VP CENGAGE LEARNING TAI VIETNAM
Author: Zhang Qingmin
Format: Paperback | 170 pages
Dimensions: 160 x 15.24 x 106.68 mm
Publication date: 30 Sep 2010
China’s diplomacy over the past 60 years can be divided into two periods with 1978 as the watershed. In the first 30 years (1949–1978), the focus of China’s diplomatic tasks was to oppose the threat from big powers, consolidate national independence, and safeguard sovereignty and territorial integrity. However, since its opening up and reform in 1978, China has re-oriented its diplomacy to create an external environment conducive to its domestic economic development in the midst of the changing international situation. This book reviews the history of China’s diplomacy since 1949 and sums up its characteristics shown in different periods, and argues that China cannot develop without the world and the world cannot become prosperous without China. The book also elaborates on China’s independent foreign policy of peace that aims at world peace and common development.
One of the 12 beautifully illustrated handy books about China
Offers basic, important, and updated information about China’s diplomacy
For your information (FYI) boxes providing readers with interesting factual information on certain topics which encourages them to explore the topics further
1. Building a Harmonious World of Peace and Prosperity.
2. Adhering to Independence and Safeguarding Sovereignty and Security.
3. Participating in Multilateral Diplomacy and Playing a Constructive Role.
4. Following the Five Principles of Peaceful Coexistence and Developing Omnidirectional Diplomacy.
5. Adapting to Globalization and Promoting Comprehensive Diplomacy.